Job title: Metrologist (m/f/x)
Business Units: GEO EMEA
Location : Saint-Priest (69)
Our company is committed to providing a work culture that values differences and encourages diversity within its teams, and where each person feels respected and valued. With us, you will have the opportunity to work in a stimulating and inclusive environment where you can contribute to our mission to provide innovative and quality technological solutions.
Sematec Métrologie, a subsidiary of the Hexagon Group (24,000 employees, 5.2 billion euros in turnover) since 2014, is a benchmark French company in the field of industrial metrology. With 6 agencies in France, we offer three-dimensional measurement solutions (laser tracker, measuring arm and CMM), as well as X-ray tomography (plastic and steel) for the automotive, aeronautics, railway, energy, food, medical and many more.
Sematec is committed to providing superior quality services, meeting the strictest industrial standards, and is part of a process of continuous innovation in order to constantly improve its services and meet the needs of its customers. As a member of the Hexagon group, Sematec benefits from the expertise and resources of a global leader in industrial metrology. The Hexagon MI group is present in more than 50 countries and provides 3D measurement solutions for the most demanding industries. Our commitment is to establish lasting partnerships with our customers, helping them achieve their goals through training, support, and advice. Sustainability and corporate responsibility are also at the heart of our concerns, and we strive to create a better future for all.
We are currently looking for a Metrologist (m/f/x), based on our site in Saint-Priest (69).
Reporting to the Laboratory Director, the person will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Analyze complex customer files and intervene with our customers in France or abroad for the measurement of advice or training.
- Carry out plan reviews (alone or with the client).
- Measure the parts of our customers using the means made available to them.
- Define the device to be used according to the plans (CMM, conventional measurement, 2D optical machine, profilometers, roughness meter).
- Control of industrial parts: analyze plans (2D) and build the control range as needed (to be able to measure the part).
- Program the measurement software and set up the clamping of the part.
- Train newcomers and be the technical referent for junior metrologists in his laboratory.
- Write and validate control reports before sending customers.
- DUT Physical measurement / License in metrology or training in mechanical engineering
- 2 years of experience in a similar position (for example a work-study program)
- Significant knowledge of at least one measurement software (PCDMIS – CALYPSO – COSMOS)
- Significant knowledge in plan reading, ISO dimensioning, surface, GPS location, general tolerancing
- Mastery of office pack, especially Excel
- Customer contact skills (tel/direct)
- Working English is a plus
Do not hesitate to contact us even if you feel that you do not meet all the criteria. We will be delighted to know more about you and maybe you will be our next collaborator!
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Vacation and annual participation bonuses
- Possibilities of evolution towards an application / sales position
+33 (0)6 15 89 62 56